Adoptees can come from all walks of life and there are even famous adoptees in politics, film, music and other industries that have been able to live a healthy and normal life.
In fact, here are the top ten star adoptees all with unique histories and backgrounds that are truly inspiring:
1. Bill Clinton. Believe it or not, Mr. Clinton was actually adopted. He became president of the United States between 1993 and 2001 and now continues to work tirelessly in politics.
2. Steve Jobs. The late Apple founder and CEO of Apple used to talk often about adoption in interviews and being an adoptee himself.
3. Jack Nicholson. Known most notably for movies like The Shining and The Departed, Nicholson was also adopted.
4. Marilyn Monroe. She became an icon of Hollywood glamor but not many know that actress, singer and model Marilyn Monroe was actually adopted.
5. Faith Hill. Her country music has become a staple for many music listeners. Hill has always said she respects her birth mother and adoptive parents.
6. Jamie Foxx. He has certainly become a big name in Hollywood for movies like Ray, Law Abiding Citizen and many others. Foxx is a big supporter of adoption because he too was an adoptee.
7. Nicole Richie. While most know her as the daughter of Lionel Richie, she was in fact adopted by him and his former wife Brenda Harvey.
8. John Lennon. Being part of one of the biggest bands in history, The Beatles, Lennon also experienced a childhood of being an adopted by his aunt and uncle.
9. Sarah McLachlan. Another very famous musician for songs such as "Angel” is also an adoptee.
10. Debbie Harry. Known as the lead singer of Blondie she has also become well-known as an adoptee when she was only three months of age.
About the Author
Laurie Colton is the owner of A is 4 Adoption, a licensed and bonded California adoption facilitation center. Laurie and her dedicated staff are committed to answering all of your questions and concerns for the baby adoption process. She believes in providing all the necessary support to adoptive parents so that they make an informed decision and easy transition. She endeavors so that no parent will ever face the same pitfalls that she did while adopting her daughter.
More from parenting