I pause, stopping tense business, the gardening, chores, the typing to think of what I am grateful for. As soon as the word gratitude rises up, tears spring to my eyes because I am acutely aware of the fragility of life after almost loosing a daughter in childbirth and now a younger brother-in-law soon to cancer
The last two weeks I have
- attended daughter’s university graduation
- celebrated 3 birthdays and Father’s day by making gifts and food for large gatherings
- helped install wood flooring in ANOTHER daughter’s new house
- then helped her move and clean her old and new house.
- went to a land/lord tenant mediation meeting for a crazy, mean, illegal landlord for my youngest…and won
- spent 6 hours house hunting in town for next term’s housing for this youngest daughter
- helped with colicky newborn…
- plus dealt with learning that one of my husband’s younger brothers has months to live with cancer..
yet I am aware of beauty surrounding me,
pressing in on all sides.
a plethora of flowers, trees and birds
the joy of creating with words
the joy of crafting with my crochet hook and yarn
The Joy of Mothering
More from parenting