When I first got pregnant, I knew about the morning sickness and the getting fat, but what no one ever told me was about how pregnancy makes you feel AFTER the first trimester. Sure, there are amazing things, like feeling that precious little jumping bean inside you kicking away, but there are a lot of not so amazing things.
1. I am exhausted, ALL the time. I feel like this kid is sucking my energy through a straw. I think I could sleep for 24 hours a day and STILL be tired.
2. Backaches. Ick. My back hurts, probably from all the weight gain. If it weren't for this pain, I could probably sleep 24 hours a day.
3. I can't breathe. Whenever I sit upright, I feel as if I can't breathe. This kid is crowding out my lungs until I feel like I have to gasp for air.
4. I feel really fat. I went into this pregnancy weighing 139lbs, and now I weigh 151lbs. And I want to eat ALL day long, which doesn't help the fat feeling.
5. Your hands fall asleep for no reason. You could be just typing something on the computer and all of a sudden your hands fall asleep. -.-
Despite all of these horrible symptoms, pregnancy is pretty amazing. I especially love the excuse this child gives me for baby shopping. I just wish I could find matching sets! Tomorrow I go to find out whether this kid is a boy or a girl. I can't wait to finally see my kid moving around. :) I'll take all these gross side effects, as long as I can eventually meet the child I feel squirming inside of me. That makes everything worth it.
More from parenting