Stressed? Short on time? Order your groceries online!
I know what you’re thinking:
- “I don’t want to pay a delivery fee.”
- “Swinging by the local supermarket is quick and easy for me.”
- “I’m very particular about what I like.”
I say, ‘trust me on this one!’
Food shopping for weekly basics is a HUGE waste of time. Every week we buy many of the same items. In my household this list includes: milk, yogurt, frozen pancakes, butter, pasta, pretzels, etc. These items are in constant demand.
I use www.peapod.com. They deliver groceries to my door every Saturday morning. The website catalogs my list of ‘favorite’ items, tells me which items are on sale, and it’s extremely fast and organized. Whether I should admit it or not, many of my orders are nearly identical every week.
For fruits and vegetables, I make the trip to the Farmer’s Market. I think there’s something to be said for picking out your own produce and seeing what is currently in season.
- Ordering groceries online saves at least an hour each week.
- The food is delivered to your door (a huge plus if you buy heavier items like detergent, milk or soda)—well worth a $10 delivery fee.
- You don’t have to drag your kids, your spouse or another unwilling passenger with you to the supermarket.
- You can shop online while sitting on your couch.
- You can keep to a budget more easily.
- You do have to place your order in advance. But because you’re ordering staple items (bread, pasta, etc.) it’s not that hard to predict the demand.
- By skipping a trip to Acme, you won’t have the opportunity to run into your old neighbor who wants to chat for 20 minutes about how her hydrangea are just not quite as vibrant this year.
Try it & save yourself some time!
More from parenting