Taking care of you. Taking care of me. I feel guilty for booking a 60 minute appointment with my RMT because Dear Husband wonders how to put our son down for his nap. Not his fault. I do all of the naps, because I like to. And DH works in the evenings. So I do all of the bed times. Every bath. Middle of the night wake ups. Every night. Not to mention the other stuff that I seem to do most of. Like the laundry. The cooking. The cleaning. And l work a demanding job outside of the home every day.
I. Have. No. Life.
So guilt be gone tomorrow. First on the list: My massage. Then shopping. And perhaps a sushi lunch? I am taking time tomorrow. Time for me. I never do anymore. A whole afternoon! I am so freaking excited!! I don't think I have been this excited since waiting for the arrival of our Dear Son 21 months ago.
Taking care of me so that I can take care of everything and everyone else!
Our family really enjoys frozen treats during the hot months. Here is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy two food groups in a very cool way:
Very Cool Ice Pops: A Strawberry Pineapple Sensation
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey (omit for infants under 1yr)
- In a food processor or blender, combine the yogurt, pineapple, honey and food coloring if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls into 10 plastic molds or 3-oz. paper cups; top with holders or insert wooden sticks. Freeze until firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
Yield: 10 servings.
More from parenting