A friend forwarded to me a set of questions that she asked her two kids and I thought I'd try to do the same with my 4-year old.
1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
JOSH: Stop and I love you.
2. What makes Mommy happy?
JOSH: When I kiss and hug Zoë.
3. What makes Mommy sad?
JOSH: When I fight.
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
JOSH: By tickling me!
5. If Mommy is an animal what is she like?
JOSH: A bird… because a bird is an animal.
6. What do you like about Mommy?
JOSH: That your hair is so beautiful.
7. What don't you like about Mommy?
JOSH: Uhm… I like everything about you, Mom. (Awww. This is a very typical answer from him, when you ask him these kinds of questions. He's very diplomatic.)
8. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
9. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
JOSH: Look for me. (I wonder if he imagines me going from room to room calling out his name...?)
10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
JOSH: A soup *Giggle, giggle* (He was having soup during the "interview.")
11. What is Mommy good at?
JOSH: Games, like Mario.
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
JOSH: Leaf Cup (at Mario Wii). Tell me another question.
13. What does Mommy do for her job?
14. What is Mommy's favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
JOSH: When you do funny stuff.
16. If Mommy’s a cartoon character, who would she be?
JOSH: Jeff, from The Wiggles.
ZOE: Cup. Funny, Mommy. *Cute grin* (That's my 23-month old, who likes to feel that she's part of all conversations.
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
JOSH: Play Mario.
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
JOSH: I have light skin and you have light skin. I have stripe T-shirt and you have stripe T-shirt.
19. How are you and Mommy different?
JOSH: That we don’t have the same hair.
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
JOSH: I know everything. (Another typical Josh answer.)
21. Where is Mommy’s favorite place to go?
JOSH: To work.
22. What do you want to do for Mommy when you grow up?
JOSH: Cook, I guess, and draw a beautiful picture.
23. What do you want Mommy to continue doing?
JOSH: Play Zingo!
24. What do you want Mommy to stop doing?
JOSH: Shouting at me.
25. What do you want to say to Mommy?
JOSH: I love you.
Bless him. Despite my yelling at him, he loves me. Children are such forgiving little souls.
More from parenting