Written in collaboration with my eight year old, Kate McLeod.
We were all still sitting around the dinner table one evening, after dinner was complete, table half-cleared…… talking about my future blog posts and how most of them would require years of personal development before I could tackle them…..Kate stared dreamily, eyes glazed and grabbed paper and pen. Twenty minutes later, she stood up and said, “I have it….this is what you should write on your blog….”
“How to Love Your Daughter.”
She (Kate) said it should be a list of things that I do to show her (Kate) how I love her. This list would include:
- Spend a lot of time with her
- Do her favorite things with her
- If you’re busy, give her a clue….that you’re busy and can’t help her
- Love and support her
- Every day, if she is getting you frustrated, smile and count to ten….then ask her what she wants.
- Tell her, I love you more than you do
- Tell her she is as graceful as a butterfly
- You are as sweet as a loving bird eating candy!
And there it is!
And this is where the inspiration for my first was born.
More from parenting