Homemade Valentine Ideas
We alternate between making Valentine's and using store bought ones. It really depends on how crafty and/or motivated I'm feeling. :) Below are some of my ideas for our homemade Valentines. (Links to directions are in color.)
- Heart Crayons
- Candied Popcorn Bags, "I'm popping with happiness that you're my Valentine". Last year I attached a Valentine themed bag full of candied popcorn to a store bought valentine.
- Use potato stamps to make a hearts on a homemade card. (Use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out the shape.)
- Play-Doh Heart ornaments/necklaces
- Make Heart Shaped Chalk
- Hot Air Balloon, it could even have a picture of your child in the basket. "Your friendship lifts me up."
- Butterfly Pencil
- Bubbles with a Valentine's Day themed note like "Your friendship makes me bubbly".
- S'more Kit (marshmallow, graham cracker squares, piece of chocolate), "Your friendship makes me feel mushy inside".
- Goldfish or gummy fish in a fishbowl shaped baggie with a "school" type of message. The bags can be hard to find and a little time consuming to make(click for directions), so you evenjust can cut a bowl shape piece of paper, write the message and place behind the fish.
- Other non-candy ideas: clementines, cars, glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces ("Your friendship brightens my day"). The dollar store or dollar bins at Target/Michael's are great to find little treasures in.
- Hanging Stained Glass Card with "stained glass" made from wax paper and crayons.
- Easy Stained Glass Heart with contact paper and tissue paper.
More from parenting