One of the best ways to have perspective, for me, is to remember the things I'm grateful for. There have been times when I've gotten stuck in negativity that I've done a quick gratitude list (in my head or with another) and started on the path of releasing that negativity. Gratitude lists help me to remember what's beautiful and to remain present in my life.
Each week, Laurel Regan's Gratitude linkup over at Alphabet Salad is a way for me to share a few of the things I'm grateful for with others.
A few of the things I'm grateful for today are:
- The ability to buy an axle for our car.
- Hun's ability to fix the axle on our car. (with Baby Boy's help, of course!)
- A neighbor who drove Hun and Baby Boy to me when the newly fixed axle slipped out just enough and I was stuck in a parking lot.
- The wonderful man (family?) who stopped to help Hun get the axle properly seated (it wouldn't go in all the way, which is how it "walked" out) because a "pin"
- The picture DVD and poem I created for Hun on Baby Boy's behalf for Father's Day.
- The community that having this blog creates and supports, for me.
- A lovely, loving visit with 2 wonderful women and the presence of a new baby (in one woman's life, not mine)
- The nice Father's Day meal and gathering with family. + water play
- Farmer's markets and learning of a CSA in the area.
- Getting up and trying every day, even when I'm having issues within myself.
- Inspiration and recognition from others.
- The little bit of patience I sometimes have.
- A beautiful fresh fruit salad I made for the Father's Day family gathering.
- Memories. And a past.
- A place to call home.
- A good, heartfelt, and honest conversation with Hun in the wee hours of the morning when we should have been sleeping, where I freely shed tears and yet was still heard and understood and we reconnected with each other.
Do you do a gratitude list? How about joining us and writing your own!
If you'd like to read some of my other gratitude lists, check here.
Read more on Life Breath Present
More from parenting