Today is Backwards Day! I made the boys Egg Cupcakes today for this special holiday. They thought it was pretty funny that there was an egg on top of their cupcakes. However, Bernardo didn't want to eat it at first, but when he heard it was really candy it was gone in a minute.
The cupcakes take about 2 hours (baking, cooling, decorating).
For these cupcakes, you will need:
- White or yellow cupcake mix
- White icing
- Yellow fruit chews (like Starbursts)
- Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Create each yolk separately. Unwrap and microwave for about 10 seconds (until softened). Form into a flattened ball.
- Ice cupcakes in a smooth, wavy shape to create the egg white. (Cookie icing also works well.)
- Place "yolk" candy onto the white.
More from parenting