Since I’ve recently returned to work there are some easy days and some hard days, but one thing is for certain, I am glad to be back at work.
Here are 5 things I woke up thankful for today:
- I’m thankful that my mother is helping me to cover the cost of daycare for the preshus and the peanut. First and foremost, I am so very thankful for this. Hopefully within the next few months we’ll have our financial situation straightened out a bit better so that we won’t need help anymore, but until then, I’m thankful.
- I get to drink my tea or hot chocolate while it’s still hot! This is a big one for me; I’ve poured out way too many half-drunk cold cups of tea over the last 12 months. This is better :) *sips hot chocolate* Ahhhhh…..
- I get to pee, alone, without anyone bursting into tears or getting into fisticuffs. You parents of tiny humans know what I’m talking about. I can also pee when I first feel the need to pee, and not 3 hours later after 2 diaper changes, one potty break, a handful of cheerios thrown on the floor, filling a sippy cup, wiping spilled milk up off the floor, and tripping over no less than 4 toys on the way to the loo.
- Thursday is payday. I’ve missed seeing full-sized paycheques landing in my bank account every other week. This will be a treat. Just in time to pay rent, too! Also groceries. We need groceries.
- I enjoy working. As much as I’ve complained over the last year and a half about how unhappy I had been with my job when I left for mat leave, the near impossible task of finding a new job has given me a new appreciation for the job I DO have. Also, being back and actually doing the work is fun. I didn’t truly realize how much I missed it until I was back. Yay work!
My desktop beverage station featurning David's Tea and Second Cup.
PreshusMe is mom to two squishable little boys and has recently returned to work after a year-long maternity leave. "Life is different outside of the house! Everyone is so tall!"
More from parenting