Hilary from Feeling Beachie has created this fun little Blog Hop for our Friday enjoyment! Of course, you might read it on another day
This week’s statements:
- I hate ____
- I have never been to ____
- The hobby I love the most is_____________ and one day I will ____________________.
- My favorite store to shop at is______________because_______________________.
- I hate the Bullying Bandwagon! Please give me a moment to explain. I have written extensively about my son being bullied in school from second to seventh grade,systematically. He then struggled briefly in eighth grade too but by High School he had the tools to survive! Lately,everyone is labeling anything and everything bullying and this is a shame. It demeans the struggle. Yesterday, I read a mommy blogger whine that she was being POLITICALLY BULLIED because a mother at the local school was suggesting, repeatedly mind you, that the mothers should hold a political debate. Wow, what a shame. A mom,actually wanted mothers to be informed,political and engaged. Yes, the lady was persistent and it sounds like she was annoying but it is a shame the mommy blogger had to label it BULLYING. Why? Because, what that pain in the rear mother did is not the same. TRULY not the SAME. Let us use the correct words. PERSISTENT. ANNOYING. OVER EAGER. TOO MUCH IN HER FACE. But, BULLYING? It is a travesty to those who are bullied and truly hurts the cause! Thanks for listening!!
- I have never been to Paris!
- The hobby I love the most is reading and one day I will read an entire book in one day!
- My favorite store to shop at is Talbots because I am still a preppy girl at heart!
- I love to hear your thoughts about any four but to be honest I am wondering how you feel about the Bullying thing? Of course, I know it is a tough subject and many like to stay away from the hot topics; I respect that choice!
Please note: On my blog a commenter stated "we all have been bullied and it makes us stronger." I paraphrased for space. I appreciate the comment and would like to respectfully disagree AND go a step further: This is the problem with over using the Bullying term. As a mother who had a son bullied for SEVEN YEARS, let me recap,we had to remove him from the school; pay for a psychaitrist for a year! I will tell you that this did not make him STRONGER. NO!!! It made his life a living hell and I would gladly and happily have had him never EVER experience the bullying. He will tell you the same thing. PLEASE do not confuse BULLYING with TEASING!!! THEY are not the same,please,please trust me on this!!!
More from parenting