5 reasons I still use my VCR
1. It is still operational. I bought this lovely machiene in 1998 to take with me to college. I used it in college, and then it lay dormat in my parents basement until I got married and moved into my own house. My parents told me to take it or they were throwing it out. I took it.
2. It is virtually indestructible. I have two young children and many things have gone into the VCR that shouldn't. These things include memory playing cards, teddy grahms, part of a pop tart and DVDs. I have been able to extract all of these objects and the VCR still keeps on going. The VHS tapes are indestrucible as well. I don't have to worry about scratches.
3. VHS tapes are really cheap. I can get them from garage sales for 25 cents.
4. My kids can't tell the difference between a VHS tape and a Blu ray disc.
5. Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Lilo and Stich, Monsters Inc..................etc
More from parenting