I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but here it’s 103 and I’m staying inside where it’s cool. Since I’ve been traveling all week with almost no internet access and absolutely no cell phone service–that’s right, I was on vacation in Hell–I’ve got lots to catch up on. Thankfully I’ve got the Sexis Round-up! ;)Monday
The Beautiful Kind shares her sex-work adventures in Part 12 of The Whore Journals and we’re tired just reading about it. We don’t know how she kept her strength up!
If you are you considering taking a crack at writing your own erotica, Erotica 101, Part 2 by Jeff Schult is a must read! He’s asked some of the steamiest authors around today to share their best advice on how to be a success in the sizzling fiction biz.
TuesdayWho do you talk to when your body doesn’t look like what you are being told is "normal"—especially when you think your genitals may be off the mark from what’s considered attractive? Nina Hartley, that’s who. Nina answers the concerns of a woman who is worried because her lady parts don’t look like the photos she’s been seeing, and she’s wondering if there might be something "wrong" with her on this week’s edition of Tuesdays With Nina: Female Genital Perception.
Sinclair Sexsmith shares his thoughts on interpersonal relationships and the difficulty of making new friends as an adult in Mr. Sexsmith’s Other Girlfriend: Surrender the PropinquityRachel Kramer Bussel is looking for love and has created a list of traits she’d like to see in her next partner– She shares this list and her reasons for writing it in Secrets of a Sex Writer: 10 Things I Want From My Next Relationship Thursday
Kal Cobalt ponders the pros and cons of having anything we want, sexually speaking, at our fingertips. Is the instant gratification of being able to access images of our every deep dark depraved fantasy a good thing…or bad? Plugged In: The Instant Gratification Anomaly.
The Bloggess might have an argument against that with her latest set of odd links provided for your amusement, ponderment and wonder.
Manscape Architecture–In the spirit of “less is more,” many men have found a new use for their old beard trimmers.
And in this week’s SexFeed digest of sex in the news:
- XXX and Zen, R-Rated Actress Ousts HP CEO, Good Girl Hudgens Goes Bad for Broadway
- No Church for Faithful Anne Rice, Naked Roller Coaster Ride Saves Breasts, Gaga Diva Goes Godiva at Lollapalooza
- Phone users have more sex—at least, that’s the bottom line of a highly technical and quantifiable statistical project published on the web yesterday by…OKCupid?
- Erotica Lifestyles Expo Wows Fans Even Before it Starts, True Blood Loves Tru Porn
- Good Luck All Around for Nude Terri Hatcher, Nakationers, and Na’vi Sex Fans
Lot’s of great stuff to read and we’ve got more on the way…
A Sneak Peek Into Next Week!
- We have a new column debuting next week from Monica Shores! Rebel Love will focus on nontraditional couples and how they make it work for them in the face of social ignorance and public judgment. Each month, a nontraditional couple (or not couple) will share insights into how they’ve managed to thrive while following their own rules.
- Mollena “Mo” Williams doesn’t know how to slow down. Just this year, she was crowned first Ms. San Francisco Leather and then International Ms. Leather 2010; wrote her first book, The Toybag Guide to Taboo Play; staged a revival of 69 Stories, her one-woman show about her erotic self-discovery… in the meantime, she’s made a reputation in the BDSM scene as a sought-after teacher and presenter on topics such as race play, as well as a prolific blogger at ALT.com and at her personal website, The Perverted Negress. It’s hard to believe that a mere three years ago, Mo was unemployed and fresh out of a stint in rehab for alcoholism. She took a rare afternoon off the day after San Francisco Pride to talk with Lori Selki about her remarkable journey over tea.
Stay cool and pray the ice machine does not break down–see you next week!
More from love