Single moms work, day-in and day-out, to support your children’s health and well-being. This Christmas I would like to invite you to treat yourself to some much needed self-care and pampering with a self-gift. Self-gifting is not a new concept. In fact, researchers suggest this holiday season self-gifters will spend an average of $120.00 on themselves. In order to help you choose the perfect self-treat, I found the most unique, pamper-me, oh-so-fun for single moms, top 10 gifts of 2013, all under $120.00.
Then to make this holiday even brighter for you, each of the companies featured in my gift guide have generously contributed free products, great discounts and even cash back in your pocket! So, if you see something here you simply can’t live without, be the first to go to www.kerrizane.com and sign-up for your chance to win it!
Confidence building body betterments.
1. Nail polish is trending as the must-have accessory for the season and there is no prettier value for the money to spruce up a single mom’s wardrobe. The Holiday Metallic Nail Lacquer Set from Butter will totally glam you up for any festive event. The set is $39.00, carcinogen-free and just one of the many eco-friendly gifts on Rodale’s Gift Guide. Rodale’s has graciously provided a set of this holiday nail lacquer set for you.
2. When you are stressed, tired or over-amped it will show on your face. To help reinvigorate your skin Olay has a Pro-X Microdermabrasion + Advanced Cleansing System. It offers the benefits of a professional microdermabrasion treatment at home. The device is priced between $29.99 - $32.99 and available in drugstores everywhere. You can pick it up while running errands! Olay is providing one single mom with a free gift set.
3. With 18 times more surface area to cover, drier skin and three different textures of hair in tough-to-reach places, women clearly have specific shaving needs. Enter Pacific Shaving Company's line of premium, safe and natural products just for women. This is definitely the most out-of the box gifts for single moms that I have run across. The first person to sign-up will receive the gift package of 5 items valued at $27.00. Everyone who signs up will receive $5 of spending money on any products in their catalog, but you have to spend it by 12/23/13.
Sweet self-surprises in special packages
4. I am a huge fan of giving and receiving surprises and Birchbox speaks my language. It’s a subscription-based service that sends a box full of well-known and emerging products to you each month. Our free giveaway box, called sparkle and shine, includes a little of everything for you from head to toe. I would tell you what’s inside, but then it wouldn’t be a surprise now would it!? A monthly subscription is $30 for 3 months or $60 for 6 months. Plus, if you like what’s in your box of mini’s you can go to their website and buy the regular size. Sign-up to win the free Birchbox and see if you like surprises as much as I do.
5. I love, love, love experimenting with new fragrances, but hate having to beg for the samples from the ladies at the department store perfume counters. Now, there's Bergamot Box. The subscription service specializes in sending you small-batch, hard-to-find fragrances they've scoured the world to find. You can try one month for $18, a 3 month plan for $16 or 6 months for $14. If you find a fav you can order the full-size product on-line. Our free giveaway box contains three 2ml glass spray vials. Plus, Bergamot is offering a 10% discount on subscriptions for everyone through January 1, 2014!
Beautiful self-gift embellishments
6. In my search for the perfectly unique single mom self-gift Break Up Gems is the winner! The company created this line of jewelry to commemorate the new chapter in your life with an emphasis on freedom and renewal. This clever collection includes an UnGagement ring, Sali (single and loving it!) bands, pamper yourself bracelets, necklaces and more. The jewelry starts at $65.00. Be the first three single moms to sign-up and you’ll receive the Available band, I Love Me Ring or Single Band.
7. Bootights are the best new product I discovered in my gift search. They are a combination of tights and performance socks. The sock part wicks moisture, supports your arch, and has extra cushioning for toe and heel. The tight part has control top for support, a non-roll waistband, they’re snag resistant and come in a variety of colorful patterns. The line also includes Darby’s, which are cool knee-hi’s. Shelby Mason, the creator, has offered to giveaway a free pair of 201 Core Essential in Black Bootights to the first 10 single moms who sign-up. Plus she is offering a 35% discount for all other readers until 12/31/13. The hosiery starts at $30.00.
8. Karmagifts.com sells purses, scarves, hats, jewelry and other products sourced from all over the world. What really drew me to this company is that, just like the name, they believe karma can change the planet. When you make a purchase, a portion of the proceeds will go to help feed children, fund a library project and assist an orphanage. The first person to sign-up for this free gift will receive a beautiful black and paisley kimono robe ($60.00).
9. No company says sharing and giving than One Hope Wine. Fifty percent of the proceeds from every bottle of wine sold are donated to partner causes like fund pet adoptions, support our troops and help children with autism. The wine is produced in partnership with Robert Mondavi Jr and starts at $18.99. One Hope Wine has provided one gift box of Chardonnay coupled with a Voluspa candle for our giveaway. Plus everyone who enters is entitled to a 10% discount on a purchase of any product from their website through December 31, 2013.
10. Finally, for the most necessary of indulgent single mom self-gifts; a spa treatment. Massage helps rid your body of life’s pesky stresses, restore body and mind balance, and leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready to face the New Year with aplomb. Massage Envy Spa, which has 900 locations across the country, is a monthly membership venue. When you join, you’re entitled to a one-hour massage or facial every month. Massage Envy Spa has provided our giveaway a $75.00 gift card.
Enjoy your solo single mom holiday season, revel in the joy of spending time with your little loved ones and relish in (perhaps) your new tradition of self –gifting.
Don't wait, be the first one to sign-up for your favorite gift, because this opportunity ends Christmas Eve. All the winners will be announced Christmas Day, December 25, 2013.
More from love