We hosted a fantastic Single’s Happy Hour last night for our clients and members. It was a huge success and a lot of fun. We had a great turn out and we were able to make a lot of quality matches amongst the attendees. The responses today are amazing. People had a lot of fun and are excited at the possibility of going out on dates with the people they met. That for us equates to a successful event. So how come these people got so lucky? The reason is simple and should be part of every single person’s vocabulary…they said “yes” to the invitation to attend.
If you are single you must put yourself out there and step outside of your comfort zone if you are ever going to meet someone great. You also must be selective in the events you chose to attend so that you don’t waste your time and get burnt out on the dating/events scene.
Here are 5 tips on how to have the best return on your quest to find the perfect match…
1. Ask around and search the web for local single events that are hosted by reputable companies who tend to draw quality people. Don’t waste your time attending events where the pool of singles is just not up to par for what you offer and for what you are looking for.
2. When you do find a company like The One Consulting that represents professional, educated and attractive people, move mountains to attend their events. These companies may not have events often because we/they are not just trying to make money and pack a room with anyone. We/they are being selective and actually matching people and targeting people as the rsvp’s come in so that the people who attend have high chances of hitting it off with one another.
3. Once you decide to attend the event, make sure to look your best. Wear something special and have your hair and make-up done. Guys, wear a nice button down, a sports coat if appropriate or something that shows that you care about how you present yourself. Do not come in wearing a wrinkled polo shirt and baggy khaki pants. You may well just get overlooked.
4. Make sure to introduce yourself to the hosts of the event. You want to make sure that we, or any matchmakers or hosts, know you by name, what you look like and how you come across. Walking up and introducing yourself or reintroducing yourself will come across as confident and keep you in their thoughts. Last night we matched a lot of the attendees who walked up to say hello to us. We are already in “working” mode so if you enter our line of sight, we are happy to make a casual introduction to someone who we think you are a great fit for.
5. Finally, follow thru. If you are fortunate enough to have met someone who you hit it off with, call them in a reasonable time. Don’t wait too long, it is best to strike while the iron is hot so to speak. Call them when they are still excited about the fun night they had and you are fresh in their thoughts.
It is tough to meet someone that you connect with. Up your chances by following these 5 tips and hopefully you will be on your way to relationship bliss!
XoXo ~ T2B
More from love