The idea of getting your photos back and realizing you didn’t get half the shots that you wanted now that it is too late is a nightmare, but unfortunately happens to too many couples because they didn’t give their photographer or planner a must have list. I always encourage my couples to make a list of exact photo combinations they want – couple with siblings, couple with grandparents, etc. If your photographer and planner have a list like that, it will help your family photos go so much quicker.
However, it is also a great idea to make sure your photographer knows some shots that are important to you. Below are a list of some you might not wan to miss.
- Getting ready photos. I recommend having your photographer come about 15 minutes before you are completely ready so that they can get you getting into your dress. Save the hours and do not have them there the entire time. Are you really going to frame a photo of you with curlers in your hair?
- The wedding dress (where applicable)
- Groom (where applicable) hanging out with groomsmen
- Couple getting in/out of limo
- First look shot if you are seeing each other first
- Walk down the aisle from front and back
- Groom’s or Bride’s face waiting at alter
- The kiss
- The walk back down the aisle together
- The details (flowers, escort cards, cake, etc.)
- Cake cutting
- Grand exit
Then of course there are the family and wedding party shots you will need to list as well. Prepare your photographer for what you want and you won’t be disappointed!
More from love