Do you ever have a week that just reminds you that you can do it (whatever your "it" is)? That is how I am feeling this week. I got food shopping out of the way in advance. I planned and prepped my dinners for the week over the weekend. I have been getting my things for the next day ready the night before. I have also gotten up early enough each day to move at my own pace and not be rushed. My classes are going smoothly. Work is going well. My vision for my career is getting clearer. I definitely feeling life this week.
How come all weeks aren't like this?
Maybe it was really taking a break during my work vacation. Running around the house and laughing with my baby boy. Taking some time to still read for fun even though I have hundreds of pages to read for class, baking some desserts even though I am trying to loose weight, or just laughing and spending time with my friends even when I just wanted to sit on my couch.
I hope I can maintain this momentum until my next vacation.
Here are some things that are helping me right now:
- Starting my day off with the word is a non-negotiable. Even if it is just one scripture.
- Taking care of myself is important however I do it. Would you believe I have actually started to like painting my own nails?!?!
- Staying connected with people I enjoy being around is also a must--texts and calls go a long way.
- Eating healthier matters. I always feel better when I do.
- Have a good belly laugh each day.
I'm just feeling good this Wednesday y'all. Hopefully, I feel this good next Wednesday--the day before my 10-15 page midterm is due and my birthday!
Hope you all have a great day and rest of the week too!
More from living