Suzie Ivy aka Bad Luck Detective threw the gauntlet down and challenged her BlogHer friends to share 10 things about themselves that others wouldn't know. Since I'm a fairly private person, for someone so opinionated, there is a lot to choose from.
I've also been friends with Ms. Ivy for almost as long as I've been married (34 years last saturday), so I decided to skip my more obvious loves of books, dark chocolate, history, pixar animated movies, and rock and roll and go for the more obscure and see if I can surprise even her...
1) I wanted to be a gypsy dancer when I was child, and a part of me still does.
2) I love the desert, but the heat gives me headaches and the dry air gives me nose bleeds.
3) I've posed with a male cover model (and so has Ms. Ivy, but not with the same one and not on the same night.)
4) I once stabbed my eyeball with a stick while gardening and was fascinated to learn that eyeballs don't bleed much.
5) I do my best thinking in the shower, but forget it by the time I get out.
6) While camping on my honeymoon I watched a frustrated bear, clawing and banging away at our small, locking lid igloo cooler trying to get it open after it ate everything in our big cooler including a plastic encased summer sausage. It was 2:00am in the morning, the bear was not even 3 feet away, there was only a screen netting over the open tailgate of our blazer and my husband slept beside me after assuring me it was just a cub. It wasn't cub. Which he would have known if he had seen it get up and amble away at 2:36am.
7) I once crab walked a glacier crevasse.
8) I'm not competitive with others, but I love to challenge myself.
9) I can't spell. I'd be lost without my computer dictionary.
10) Someday I may design the perfect vacuum out of frustration.
11) I want to learn how to play the guitar.
12) My favorite place to write is in bed or at the breakfast bar. My desk is for paying bills.
13) I hate dusting.
14) I love animals to the point that I'd love a ham sandwich if it grew fur. But not a spider. (Sorry Suzie - Tabitha was beautiful and fascinating, but those pinchers just do me in...)
15) I've hiked the Grand Canyon 3 times. And plan to do a fourth.
16) I got sent home from girl scouts for telling dirty jokes.
17) I'm a writer that has to force herself to hit publish.
More from living