FYI: I am part of the panel: Social Media Toolbox for the Artist/Crafter (or Social Networking Toolbox)
Applications are now live for Craft Con (formerly known as Craft Congress), happening April 4th through the 6th.
Brava Theatre in the historic Mission District of San Francisco will host Craft Con 2008. This unique business development conference will bring together over one hundred key individuals from the independent/DIY
craft and design community. Crafters from across the globe will take part in this exciting opportunity for debate, discussion, and knowledge-sharing in an effort to explore and shape the DIY craft movement.
The cost of attending the event is $150/person, which includes a tour of San Francisco April 4th, meals and sessions
April 5th and 6th, and a gala event the evening of April 5th where conference attendees will get to experience the unique culture of the San Francisco arts scene.
*Topics for discussion will include:*
- Profit Models,
- Legal Structures,
- Alternative BusinessModels,
- Getting Published
- What Does Handmade Mean?,
- The Politics of Crafting,
- Crafting Green
* Workshops will include:*
- Project Management, Product Development and Broadening
- Your Base,
- Seeking and Retaining Sponsorship,
- Computer Social Networking Toolbox,
- Real Life Social Networking Toolbox
*Movers and Shakers to knit up a red carpet for:*
- Tina Barseghian, Editor in Chief of Craft Magazine and author of "Get a Hobby";
- Faythe Levine, creator of the film/print project Handmade Nation;
- The Girly Show;
- Jeanee Ledoux of Honeydoux and "Abode a la Mode: 44 Projects for Hip Home Decor";
- Extreme Craft.
To apply, visit our website and fill out the online application by March 23rd!
More from living