What makes a Successful Entrepreneur? Join us for a Visionary Voices Webinar with Moira Forbes
Visionary Voices is a partnership between Kaplan University and top thought leaders to bring great ideas and the lived experience of established experts to the world.
Thus far, the Visionary Voices team has interviewed over 150+ industry leaders such as Jeff Weiner, the CEO of LinkedIn, Deborah Hopkins, the Chief Innovation Officer of Citi, and Jeffrey Fulgham, Chief Sustainability Officer of General Electric Co. This month, the Visionary Voices webinar series features Moira Forbes, President and Publisher of ForbesWoman.Who is Moira Forbes and why should you tune in?
In this webinar, you'll get to hear from the experience of a woman making a difference in the publishing industry. Her contributions have been an inspiration to women everywhere, and she has established her media channel as a leading source for information on women in the workplace.
Moira Forbes is the President and Publisher of ForbesWoman, a multi-media platform dedicated to successful women in business and leadership. Launched by Forbes media in 2008, ForbesWoman examines the unique experiences of professionally successful women, affirms their ambitions and achievements, and sets the agenda for purposeful discourse on the topics that matter most to them. Moira is also the host of Success with Moira Forbes, a video series on the Forbes Video Network featuring candid, one-on-one interviews with today's top women leaders.
Moira joined Forbes Media in 2001 in its London office, overseeing research and marketing for Forbes' European edition, in addition to developing business opportunities on behalf of all the company divisions. After moving to the New York office, she was named associate publisher of Forbes' dedicated lifestyle magazine, ForbesLife, in 2004. In 2010, Moira founded the Forbes Executive Women's Board, which aims to advance some of the most relevant issues for women in business and leadership today. She serves on the board of Key4Women and is a member of several organizations.Get involved! I would love to hear from you. What questions would you want to ask Moira?
The webinar on March 14th is your chance to ask questions on key topics. Do you have any questions on entrepreneurship, women in leadership or the publishing world? What would you want to ask Moira?
In the webinar, we plan to explore the following:
- Key characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and leaders.
- Specific examples of the best industries for entrepreneurs right now.
- Current leading trends in journalism and how these may significantly affect entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Guidance on how current students considering journalism can best prepare themselves for this career.
- A "behind-the-scenes" glimpse into ForbesWoman, including exciting insights from leading women in business, such as Suze Orman and Shelley Lazarus.
- Significant differences in leadership style between men and women—and how each gender can use these differences to their advantage.
More from living