Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful, talented, loving Mom! You are at the top of my gratitude list today for uncountable reasons... thank you for bringing me into this world, for raising me to be a good person, and for your unconditional love (even during the times when I wasn't particularly easy to love). I am grateful to be able to call you Mom.
Hope you'll join me in this week's Gratitude Linkup!
(If you'd like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the "add your link" button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the "get the InLinkz code" link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you'll go on to write and share your own!
- The peace and beauty of this morning. My office window is open to the sound of birdsong and a view of pale blue skies, wispy clouds, and a lilac bush in full bloom. What could be better?
- The fact that our dishwasher, which had for whatever reason stopped working a few months ago and which we hadn't yet gotten around to getting fixed, randomly decided to fix itself after we experienced a very short power outage. No idea if the blip/surge/whatever it was might have reset the dishwasher's programming or something along those lines, but as long as it's working again I'm certainly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!
- And, in similar news, discovering (after several weeks of getting in and out of the car to manually close the garage door) that our remote opener wasn't actually broken - rather, one of the sensors was blocked by something that had been placed in front of it. Another potentially expensive repair avoided!
- A series of gorgeous Spring days.
- The satisfaction and joy I get from tangling.
- My three-day weekends.
- Water! After experiencing several construction-related (and sometimes VERY inconvenient) water shutoffs over the past few weeks, I am ever more grateful for on-demand access to clean, fresh, running water.
- Being able to find just about anything music-related on YouTube, no matter how old or obscure, and thereby indulge in nostalgia.
- People willing to share their knowledge and experience.
- Income tax refunds! Especially when the money is in my bank account just a week after filing.
- People who show their true colours... for better or for worse. For better, so that I can be grateful for the person they are and their place in my life, and for worse, so that I can be grateful that I know what to expect and plan to steer clear.
- Working from home in shorts, a t-shirt, and bare feet with music blaring and up to three cats within petting distance.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
More from living