Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down.
This month for NaBloPoMo the theme was "Gifts". Yes, I know that's such. old. news. The thing is, obviously, I haven't been following the prompts, in fact, I haven't even gone once to see what the prompt of the day was. I can't decide whether that's good, or bad.
Last month, during November's NaBloPoMo I thought it was good because it made me feel all "super creative" and what-not. But then this month, I started looking around at awesome blogs (such as Periphery) that not only write super duper well, but manage to stick to the "Gift" topic, and make each post interesting and different! A
nd then I scrunched up my nose and began to turn green. With envy. I can't exactly turn around and begin December again and stick to one topic, so instead I've decide to close December (on the 31st) with a gift post. I'm excited.
But for today, here's another installment of Thumbs Up! or Thumbs Down!
- The obvious. The flu! I don't exactly enjoy being ill, but this weekend? Ah! Not very nice Mr. Flu, very dirty trick. I missed going to the gym, but I had schoolwork to catch up with and I was afraid if I did make it to the gym, I'd get dizzy and, well, it wouldn't be pretty. It'd be pretty lame to be doing planks and crunches then get into a coughing fit and have to hang on to the wall for dear life because the world was spinning. Awkward much.
- Photoscape not being Mac compatible. I'm really really sad about this. I've always used Photoscape to edit my photos, and I haven't been able to edit photos since I switched to Mac because..well I'm just a bit too lazy to learn how to use GIMP. Therefore I'm suffering from editing withdraws. It's killing me. (When the pain gets too big I'll stop being lazy and learn how to mess around with GIMP.)
- Having to fight the really strong urge to embark on January's NaBloPoMo. I want to do it again. I can't though. Really I mustn't. Must. Resist. (Am I the only one who's become...addicted? *gasp* I just admitted it.)
- Math. I've begun studying for my SAT's (any helpful tips/hints out there?) and the math part has me scared silly.
- Books. I'm just finishing up Daniel and the Revelation by Uriah Smith. Oh my word this book is awesome! (If you're into history check. this. book. out!)
- Starting another course! I'm really excited. In a couple of months, I'll be a certified swim instructor. (: Should improve my own strokes as well. (I should probably work on getting back to the pool, haven't been in about three months.) (Wow has it really been that long?)
- Blogger. Did you know, that blogger has this awesome little feature now, that sends all spam comments into a separate folder?! Because blogger. is. awesome like that. This means that the whole word verification thing? Is useless. It only makes people too lazy to post comments. Hooray! Word verification? Unnecessary. I'm happy.
- MacBook Pro. Ok, so it isn't Photoscape compatible *cries* but it's been so so so truly amazing and worth it. You're fast. You can keep up with my crazy hundred tabs a minute. With my GIMP photo edits, and blog code changes. Thank. You.
- Awesome friends who send me SAT prep material through the mail. I feel so special and supported. *smiles* Thanks Renata!!
There you have it folks, the good, outweighing the bad as is customary. I could sit here all day listing things, but I won't do that to you. I hope all have a lovely Monday afternoon!
P.S. I read this verse this morning, thought it was so beautiful I'd share:
"Know ye not that the unrighteous
shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
Be not deceived: neither fornicators,
nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate,
nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards,
nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the
kingdom of God.
And such were some of you:
but ye are washed,
but ye are sanctified,
but ye are justified
in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God."
-1 Corinthians 6:9-11
What a promise!
More from living