I recently celebrated a milestone, my 30th birthday.
When I look back and reminisce over my life, a constant theme is ever-present:
Life hasn’t been free from heartache but there are specific moments throughout the course of my history where I can see the favor and direction of God prevail. In gratitude for His unending love and protection, I have decided to spend the 30th year of my life blessing others.
I commit to doing 30 acts of kindness during this year following my 30 birthday.
1. Host a Sole Hope Shoe Cutting Party benefitting women & children in Uganda.
3. Prepare and serve a home-cooked meal for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House.
4. Deliver a “get well” basket to a patient recovering in the hospital.
Completed March 27
5. Donate a Molly Bear to a family coping with the loss of an infant.
6. Deliver a basket of cosmetics to a women’s shelter.
7. Buy a meal anonymously for a family dining at the same restaurant as me.
8. Donate towards the airfare for a WWII veteran’s Honor Flight to Washington DC.
9. Donate formal gowns that I currently own to the Prom Shop Project.
10. Prepare & deliver a week’s worth of dinners to a brand new mom.
11. Volunteer my Saturday at a food bank.
12. Take “get well” balloons to the hospital and leave them for someone who is alone.
13. Pack care packages with toiletry items for the Salvation Army.
14. Create small “thank you” bags with candy to give to those in the service industry who provide services for me during the week.
15. Pay for someone’s gas at the gas station.
16. Volunteer at an animal shelter and bring lots of dog treats along.
17. Donate coloring books and crayons to a hospital’s pediatric ward.
18. Make a Kiva loan to alleviate poverty and create opportunity.
19. Pay the tab for the person behind me at Starbucks.
Completed March 28
20. Become a Big Sister.
21. Leave a candy bar and a thank you note for the mail carrier.
22. Call up a girlfriend and insist on babysitting so that she can have a date night.
23. Become an organ donor.
24. Purchase a Better Life Bag to help women in Detroit gain dignity, honor & respect.
25. Write 10 handwritten letters to people who have made an impact on my life.
26. Deliver 2 dozen donuts to a local fire station.
27. Donate some of my favorite books to a library.
28. Adopt a family in need and shower them with Christmas gifts.
29. Give Blood.
30. Gift wrap cozy socks with an encouraging note to take to the residents of a nursing home during winter.
I’ll be posting details & photos of each Thirty for Thirty act of kindness as I cross it off this list.
How’d I celebrate turning the BIG 3-0? With a trip to NYC with my main squeeze of course. However, I get to celebrate all year long with this 30 for 30 bucket list. I can’t wait to start blessing others!
More from living