Its purpose? Blogger::Write, Edit offline; Click a button-- to publish. And yes, it is that simple.
What makes Thingamablog different from other applications? The application is truly standalone. No database, no middle-ware, no connection to an online service [e.g., Blogger]. New entries are simply published to the existing online Thingamablog.
Make a global change to the template? Again, one click and your weblog is republished in its entirety.
Why am I in love with this software? Some background-- I needed a quick solution for a new business blog. The reason? As of May 1, 2010, Blogger is discontinuing the FTP service they have provided to users with private domains. My first Business Blog which is maintained by Blogger, is affected by this change in service.
Other issues? My private business domain hosts several applications including a WordPress Blog and Community Forums. One more application requiring a MySQL database and PHP would have made my online presence a non effective cost solution for my small software consultancy.
That's why I loved Blogger and why, I now love Thingamablog. HTML files that require no PHP or MySQL.
Features promoted by Thingamablog:
- Set up a blog in minutes via an intuitive wizard
- Maintain multiple blogs
- Effortlessly manage thousands of entries
- Dynamically update blog content
- Write entries offline (Dialup users)
- Publish your blog with a single click
- Publish remotely to your blog via email
- Read news with an integrated feed reader
- Make posts from your favorite feeds
- Create a unique layout with customizable templates
- Import entries from RSS/Atom feeds
- Set up flexible archiving options
- Organize your entries by category or date
- Save entries as drafts
- Define your own custom template tags
- Syndicate your blog via an RSS or Atom feed
- Ping services like weblogs.com, BlogRolling, and Blo.gs
- And much more...
My new Thingamablog Business Blog.
Regina Thomas is a software consultant [QiSoftware.com] and provides web hosting for small business owners.
More from living