This article was written by a member of the SheKnows Community. It has not been edited, vetted or reviewed by our editorial staff, and any opinions expressed herein are the writer’s own.
My friend Lindsay from The Newlywed Notebook
nominated me for the Sunshine Award!! It is so flattering when you learn that someone really does enjoy reading what you have to say write...you know, someone other than your parents. ;)
These awards are kind of like chain mail in the blogging world and I have so much fun doing Q&A posts, so lets knock this baby out :)
Rules of the Sunshine Award
||Post 11 random facts about yourself.
|| Answer 11 questions for the blogger who nominated you.
||Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
||Write your own 11 questions for them to answer.
||Notify them that you have nominated them.
Random Facts About Me
1. I'm not a good sleeper. I need a cold, dark room with some white noise to stand a fighting chance at getting some shut eye.
2. My big toes are massive. Like massive massive.
3. Once upon a time I worked at Abercrombie and Fitch.
4. I have asthma. Thanks cancer interferon! Lame.
5. I'm severely right handed. Can't do anything remotely coordinated with my left hand.
6. Back in the day I was a soccer player.
7. and I've had two knee surgeries and a few broken bones as a result.
8. I was born in Princeton, NJ.
9. I have a tattoo on my ribcage.
10. Revenge and The Blacklist are two of my favorite TV shows lately.
11. I'm an oldest child.
one || What has been your favorite vacation so far?
I've only been on a couple of "vacations" since most of our trips are spent visiting family. Cruises are what's up though. :)
two || How many siblings do you have?
I have three younger sisters.
Flats. I do like to wear heels...but flats.
If you could own one exotic animal (not a typical pet) what would it be?
One of those little mini pigs! Or a penguin...
What is your favorite blog post you have written?
What’s your favorite type of music to listen to when you’re rocking out in the car?
Country. Although you may catch me listening to Kyle's rap music every once in a while. ;)
seven || What’s one guilty pleasure?
I don't believe in guilty pleasures. Just pleasure, no guilt.
eight || Why did you start your blog?
I wanted to offer a positive spin on cancer. When I was going through treatment I most frequently found that those who wrote about cancer did so in a negative/scary way, which was the opposite of what I needed. My hope in starting this blog was to show the world that life can go on and to provide someone, somewhere with a little inspiration!
nine || If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chicken & rice!
Are you an introvert or extrovert at heart?
I definitely lean introvert... but I don't think it's as simple as that.
eleven || What’s one irrational fear you have? (hey, we all have them :) )
Shoot, I don't know. Depends when you ask LOL! At the moment I don't have one.
My questions to you are...
1. What is the story behind your blog's name?
2. If you are married, what song did you dance to at your wedding? If you aren't married, what song would you pick? If you are Kelsey, what is your favorite love song?
3. What is your most embarrassing story?
4. When do you feel the most confident?
5. What is something you are proud of?
6. What are your three favorite stores to shop? (online counts)
7. What is something you like to splurge on?
8. What is something about you that people would be surprised to learn?
9. What is the first blog you ever read?
10. What are some of your goals?
11. What is your go-to meal to cook?
I can't wait to read your answers! Make sure you let me know when they are up :)
Have a great weekend!