I could do without them if you took them away from me, but I wouldn't be happy. Here they are, my can't won't give up. Ever. Unless there is no power, then I'm kind of screwed. haha
1. Electric Can Opener. It took me a while to come on board with this as I never saw cranking a can open with a hand can opener was a big deal. Hubby bought this when I came home from the hospital after my spine was fused. I'm not sure why I didn't want one before! I never have any problems opening any can and it sure saves my hands.
2. Keurig Coffee Maker. I know this isn't the cheapest way to make coffee, but I love having a selection of coffee in the morning. There is nothing that tastes as good as that first fresh cup of coffee in the morning. I love being able to have that experience with each cup.
3. Nespresso Aeroccino Plus. This is a recent addition to my small kitchen appliance arsenal. It came as part of a set when I bought my Nespresso C100 on Amazon. I love that I can add skim milk foam to all my coffee drinks. I just drop a few stevia flavor drops into the milk before I turn it on to froth and I have a nice sweet skim foam on top. Another great feature of this frother is that it will either heat your milk up when it foams, or you can hold the button for 2 seconds and you will get a nice thick cold foam for those cappuccino fredo's I love.
4. Nespresso C100 Espresso Maker I ordered this after being spoiled rotten in Europe on good espresso, real espresso. I love the bright gem colored capsules all lined up in my Discovery Box (sold separately when you join the Nespresso Club).
And now, drumroll please, my Favorite New Appliance:
5. Broan Trash Compactor. I don't know how we lived with out this. Michael and I make a lot of trash, mainly due to my shopping addiction. (I swear I'm not a hoarder). Anyway, one afternoon hubby suggested we go to the casino, and I retorted with "let's buy a trash compactor instead" and he said "sure!". I ordered it on Overstock and it was delivered to my door for 1.95 shipping! We had an electrical outlet installed at the end of our breakfast bar and Viola, I have more flat surfaces to put things on. Not really, I'm just kidding.
This trash compactor is amazing. All of our trash, from all the rooms in our house, for an entire seven day week, fit into just one trash compactor bag. It has a deodorizer disk inside of it that does a wonderful job of controlling odors. Although I haven't been throwing stinky stuff other than banana peels into it. In one week, we fill one small garbage bag. It's amazing. I feel like I am reducing my carbon footprint. Now if only we had one for the Amazon boxes that arrive just about daily (my bad).
So there you have it. My five don't want to ever live without appliances. What are yours?
More from living