My Picks for the Best Extreme Couponing Resources
I was away from my keyboard an awful lot last week, due to a family emergency. This meant that when I did have time to sit down at my computer, I did not have time to read every feed in my feedreader. Since extreme couponing wasn't high on my "to do list," I marked my coupon blogs as read and carried on -- except by doing that, I felt really out of the loop and realized that I missed reading those posts. So, I stopped and thought about which blogs would be the most fun -- and the most useful to me. I marked those that didn't make my little spur-of-the-moment list as read and carried on.
That forced contemplation of coupon blogs led me to take a really hard look at all of the blogs and other coupon resources I was using. What I discovered was that after couponing for six months, I need less help -- and fewer resources -- daily. I also decided that my best of the best lists might just come in handy for others, so here they are.
Credit Image: Shorts and Longs | The Both And on Flickr
Five Blogs I Can't Coupon Without
- Southern Savers - I just plain like the look and feel of this site, even though many of the stores featured are not in my area. I can find printable match-ups on other sites but this will always be my favorite.
- Mashup Mom - I read Mashup Mom because she does a good job of providing fast information about new coupons and new deals. She also quickly updates when there are problems with previously reported deals. And of course, she's in my area so more of the stores I can shop at are featured.
- Totally Target - When I started couponing, I never dreamed I'd go to Target almost weekly. This is the best Target coupon blog. I love it.
- A Thrifty Mom - A Thrifty Mom posts frugal tips and posts about things not specifically coupon related. And, I just like her. She's down to earth and her pretty pink blog makes me smile.
- Clippin' with Carrie - This is a blog my sister in law recommended to me in the beginning. I still rely on it to update me with new coupons and new deals. She's very quick and that's important in the couponosphere.
Five Non-Blog Resources I Can't Coupon Without
- A Full Cup (for forums and the coupon database)
- SavingStar eCoupons are fabulous. I'm not a big fan of e-coupons because there are so few available in my area and because they often don't work at the register. These aren't intended to work AT the register and they do work exactly as they should. I have huge love for this site.
- Facebook (because all of the best companies offer coupons on their Facebook pages)
- All You Magazine (the print mag and the website)
- Recyclebank (earn points and print coupons!)
Five+ Honorable Mentions
- Target Online Coupons for increasing discounts by allowing a MFR and a Store coupon to be stacked and Staples for great deals and rebates on printer ink and printer paper.
- I Heart CVS and I Heart WAGS for always posting adscans in advance to help with pre-planning
- Jill Cataldo for coupon news and information.
- Kraft First Taste, Vocalpoint and Right at Home for coupons and product samples.
- Walgreens and CVS for Register Rewards and ECBs that make The Drugstore Game fun.
Best of Class
- Southern Savers for overall tutorials.
- I Heart WAGS, I Heart CVS and I Heart Rite-Aid for the best drugstore specific tutorials.
- My Litter and I Heart the 'Mart are my favorite TLC Extreme Couponing Season 1 bloggers.
- Meijer has become my new favorite grocery store because of mPerks and Meijer Mealbox coupons. If only I could double coupon at mine...
- Coupons.com is the best printable coupon site. Mambo Sprouts is a favorite for the vegetarian/vegan coupons I use.
What are your favorite couponing blogs and resources?
BlogHer Community Manager
Life. Flow. Fluctuate.
More from living