This was my New Year's Eve FB status at the end of last year:
Okay 2013, show me what you've got! I'm ready for you. I intend to have less crazy, more focus, more love, more laughter, more sex (or any!), less Facebook (I mean it this time!!), more writing, more savings, less STUFF, more friends, more good music, more dancing, less regrets, more good times, more exercise, and more cooking/less junk food (but not less chocolate), so I hope that's what you had in mind. That being said, if you choose to give me even half of what I asked for, I'd be happy!
Happy New Year my treasured friends and family! oxox
Hmmm...well, you know what? Reading this a year later, I feel like a little bit of a bada$$! I am happy to say that most of what I wanted I got this year. (The only thing that let the team down was the "more/any sex". Boo! As I noted on THIS year's year-end wrap-up: no man means no man problems, so it's still a win for me...kinda!)
I had such a great year. I'm not saying that bad things didn't happen, but I had SO many things to be happy about. The best thing is that I worked for them - each and every single one.
- I paid off my debt
- I rode a bike
- I made a few fantastic friends
- I entertained at my house
- I cooked for my friends
- I experienced many proud moments with Kidlet
- I wrote the first draft of a book
- I found out I can live without cable TV
- I had my first out-of-town house guests
- I did a creative writing course that I paid for myself CASH
- I went on the most wonderful 3-week vacation paid for with CASH
- I grew out my hair
- I drastically improved the quality of my housekeeping
- I am getting better with my camera
- I started this blog
- I started listening to Trinidadian radio online
- I saved all my photos to online storage so I'll always have the memories
- I finished my NaBloPoMo challenge of one post a day for a month!!! Yay!
- I discovered I can write poetry. (What?!)
- I tried online dating (again!! grrr)
- I decluttered my house once and for all
- I was brave enough to try a new career path
Most importantly, though, I know now that, despite my innate insecurities, I am a pretty awesome person with a good heart.
Here's to hoping that 2014 will have more, more, more accomplishments that I can share in a year from now.
Always look at the positive!!! Be safe! Be happy! Be good! oxox
Happy New Year!!!
I'm participating BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo Challenge: 31 days, 31 blog posts
More from living