Mommy Adventures

3 years ago

Hey Everyone! Welcome to my new blog. I have decided to start a blog and join the 21st century with all the other Mommy Bloggers out there. I don't know if my blog will become popular, but it will help me get my thoughts out, even if no one reads this. :)

My adventure began when I was 9 years old. Little did I know that when I met this guy I would later marry him and have 5 kids. I met Robert at church when I was 9. He was 12, and quickly became friends with my brother. This was the beginning of a childish crush I had on him. For a few years we all became great friends. Then there was a period where we didn't see much of him. He married young, and for all intents and purposes, fell off the face of Earth. 

It was when I was 19 that he came back into our lives and announced we were going through a divorce. My brother was in college at that time, and was not around much, so I began taking him out with me and my friends. We quickly became the best of friends. During this time, we started developing feelings towards each other. Once his divorce was final, we started dating. We were together a little over a year when I found out I was pregnant with our first child. 

It was Christmas of 2006 and we were over at his dad's house. He came over to me and silently slipped a ring on my finger. He didn't actually ask me to marry him, and when I asked him why later, he told me with a smirk, "You didn't have a choice". So we planned on getting married a year after our little girl was born. However, shortly after getting engaged, we decided that joining the military would be the best thing for us. So we moved the wedding up a year and got married on our two year anniversary. I was 9 months pregnant. I basically looked like a beached whale, but it was my day, so everyone told me I looked great anyway ;). 

The following month, on July 9, 2007 we were greeted by an 8 lb. 4.12 oz. little angel. We named her K'Lee Renee. She was and is amazing. Four months later, he had to go away to an 8 week boot camp in Chicago, Illinois. We went to see him graduate, and then see him off to his training school in Meridian, Mississippi. He was there for a month, and his last two weeks, we drove down from Kansas City, Missouri to stay with him until he finished. We found out our first duty station was for Norfolk, Virginia. We moved there when K'Lee was 8 months old. We had only been there about a month when we found out we were pregnant with our second child. We had Robert Christopher (Robby) on January 6, 2009, who weighed 7 lb. 12 oz. It was after this we decided to get a bigger car. We ended up deciding on a 2005 Dodge Durango which seats 7. 

Robby was only 8 months old when we found out Robert had to go on his first deployment for a whole year. The kids and I moved back to Kansas City where we could have help from family while he was away. When he returned in 2010, we moved back to Virginia, and once again, I became pregnant within the first few months of him being back. Shortly after we got settled, we found out he was deploying again, this time for 6 months. He ended up returning on our wedding anniversary. We then announced the arrival of our third, Johnathan William, who was born 7lb. on August 19th, 2011. Two weeks after he was born we moved to our current duty station, Meridian, Mississippi. This is where we still are stationed today. 

We were here about a year and a half when we decided to try for one last child. I had my IUD removed and became pregnant immediately. My husband's birthday is the day after Christmas and this was the same day they had set up my ultrasound for. When we went to get the ultrasound, I was not expecting the results we were given at all. Turns out, there were two babies. TWINS!! We were in shock, but super excited. Good thing we bought a bigger car!! We had also started looking for a house to buy because the house on base was way too small for our expanding family. 

We found a house that fit perfectly with our family. We moved into our new house just before Christmas in 2012. I was only 2 months pregnant with the twins. When I went to my 32 week appointment in the end of May, I found out I was contracting and dilating early so they put me on bed rest. I had one of my best friends come from Virginia to help out with the kids and house while I was bed ridden. She has two kids, and had to bring them, so it was hectic, but I'm not sure what we would have done without her. It was at my 36 week checkup that they found out, despite the pills and bed rest; I was dilated to 5cm. She sent me to the hospital and I delivered the twins the next morning. We greeted Joseph Michael at 11:21 am, and Elizabeth Joy Ann at 11:25 am on July 17th, 2013. Elizabeth had immature lungs and was in the NICU for 6 days. Once we got them both home, it was amazing. 

Having my husband on leave, my mom in town, and my best friend here, it made everything so easy. I have been so blessed with all of these children, and easy pregnancies and deliveries. Now the twins are almost 1, Johnny is almost 3, Robby is 5, and K'Lee is almost 7. Every day is an adventure, and I can't wait to share all my daily triumphs and struggles with you guys. Thanks for listening. I hope you keep coming back for more!!



This is an article written by one of the incredible members of the SheKnows Community. The SheKnows editorial team has not edited, vetted or endorsed the content of this post. Want to join our amazing community and share your own story? Sign up here.

More from living

by Kimberly Peta Dewhirst
| 4 days ago
by Christina Marfice
| 7 days ago
by Christina Marfice
| 9 days ago
by Justina Huddleston
| 10 days ago
by Kimberly Peta Dewhirst
| 11 days ago