Beverley Claire Pomeroy is mother of an eight-year old daughter named Sophia who was born with a disease so rare there has yet to be name for it. Every organ and system in her body is compromised, her life is very limited, and she struggles are very real for her and her family.
Her daughter has lived beyond what everyone had expected and continues to give her family lots of joy. Beverley has taken her passion for social change and her desire to find purpose in the tragedy her family faced to find a way help others.
While Beverley has been an advocate and fundraiser a charity called Canuck Place Children's Hospice which provides support for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families, she founded an organization PincGiving which provides resources, advice, video production and connections for nonprofits to raise money for their work.
Moving beyond helping one organization, she hopes to create an army of people who can help nonprofits. She has recently launched the "Life on Purpose Network," an online media distribution platform with donation capability or what she calls "Cause Driven Videos." The idea is video, donate, and connect. On her blog, The Backyard Philanthropist, Beverley offered some principles success online social fundraising:
- Highly personalize / donor controlled
- Treat donors as serious program partners
- Give donors VIP pass into organization’s work
- Maintain a disciplined narrative arc with ‘complete’ story lines.
- Plan a high ration of cultivation to appeals. versus appeals to cultivation.
- Provide multiple opportunities for two way communication
- Give donors things they value to encourage word of mouth
- Use video
- Develop ‘quasi-directed’ giving program
Beth Kanter, BlogHer CE for Nonprofits, writes Beth's Blog
More from living