- Kai's visit went better then last year, but I still got a little teary eyed. Another rabies shot was due. I thought it was next year (sorry Kai). I'm not a fan of shots, especially since she is not an outdoor cat. However, if she gets out and gets into a fight with an animal that does have rabies and she is not vaccinated, it's over for her. Or if she happens to bite someone and they demand that she's tested, I have no legal recourse. The only way to test for rabies is to test the brain. I don't want to have to deal with that scenario.
- She did her banshee scream, a couple of times, which brought tears to my eyes. Anyone with a cat(s) knows that scream. It sounds like a human being tortured. Creepy as heck. If I had human children, their dad would have to deal with the shots. The needles don't bother me, it's the reaction.
- Apparently in the pet labs/research centre (where ever that is), their working on 5 & 7 year rabies shots, instead of 3 year. Sounds good to me. The less shots per year is always better.
- Her weight has gone down a few ounces, which was good, but she can't gain any weight. She's at the max, for a healthy body weight.
- The other not so great portion. She has a touch of gingivitis on her back teeth, which is really bothering me. I don't want it to lead to pain, infection or tooth loss. I'm glad that I brush her teeth, usually every other day. Mind you, only in the last couple of months have I been able to get to her back teeth. I'll be bumping it up to every day. A professional cleaning is in order, so she has more then 1 fang at 15.
- Next year, February is Pet Oral Health Month and I've also learned at Kai's veterinarian, the fee is 30% off. Good to know, I'll have to book early.
- Overall this year's visit was a success. Not perfect, but a 6/10 (vet assessment number) on the freak-out scale, which is getting lower with each yearly visit. Kai's vet is great and so are the vet technicians & assistants. They take the time to answer questions, alleviate my fears and more importantly know when to back off, so Kai doesn't have a complete melt down.
- For those who like to enter contests, Royal Canin Canada's Facebook Page, is having a great one. Like the page, read the rules and enter. If your pet doesn't eat that brand of food, donate it and use the voucher toward your next vet visit. Contest closes December 8th, 2013, 11:59:59 PM EST.
Song of the Week: Miss You Much, Janet Jackson, 1990, A&M Records. Watch Miss You Much. (Links may not work in all countries. All videos belong to the artist/corporation. This is not a sponsored post.)
Till next time,
More from living