"If you're looking for inner peace from the outside world, you're not going to get that. The inner peace starts with looking at you from the inside. Understanding that everything that comes to you is what you are. Everything from friends to boyfriends to the job you get - it's all a direct reflection of what you are on the inside." -- Mary J. Blige
I know the question you're asking yourself. How can I awaken success in me and have fulfilling passion and joy in all areas of my life? Are you in over your head; stressed at work, not achieving goals or life is not going as you expected? All you want is peace. Well, I here to tell you that despite all of your difficulties, you can find inner peace and change your life. The quote above, from Mary J, Blige, says it all - inner peace. Joy is an inner happiness, not an event. It's in you despite the event or occasion. And passion is a strong desire for something, so make sure that what you're trying to achieve is something you truly and honestly desire. Be sure your passion and joy is not based on you trying to please someone else or be like someone else. Click here to take the Peace Meter Test to see how peaceful you are and then consider the five suggestions below to help you achieve inner peace in your life.
5 Suggestions to Achieving Inner Peace
- De-clutter your life, figuratively and literally: De-cluttering will place harmony in your life. Get organized. Make a to-do-list everyday, placing the most important at the top and stick to it. Learn to make decisions quickly and not linger and procrastinate. Learn to say no to the smart phone and email, when necessary.
- Acceptance: Have you ever tried to swim against the currents or walk against the wind, if so, then you know how hard that is. Consciously choosing acceptance enables and empowers you to go with, rather than against, the flow. Accepting people for who they are, how they look or even their beliefs, allows your inner peace to flow better, and that's better than having anger tied up in you. Be open-minded and accept things as they are. Know that peace is a state of mind, even in the midst of chaos. Accept where you are and appreciate what you have.
- Forgiveness: Forgiveness is letting go of the past and not letting it affect you as you move forward. If you don't forgive, then you are forever linking yourself to that person and the situation. And, it will invoke strong negative emotions every time you see or think about that person. When you forgive you release the other person and most importantly, yourself. You set yourself free of any and all pain, guilt, anger and suffering, for they're wasted and negative emotions- and make way for inner peace. Focus on the positive and notice those around you who loves and care about you. Just how forgiving are you? Take The Power of Forgiveness Quiz here.
- Follow your dreams: Do what you enjoy doing. You must make a way for a level of belief in yourself which allows you to take the next step. Let go of self-doubt and what-ifs. Follow your dreams and believe the end result will turn out the way you hope. Don't enjoy your job, then don't continue - quit. You are looking for inner peace and if you are in a job which you enjoy, you're more likely to have better physical health, joy and like yourself more . A natural peace arises when you do what you enjoy.
- Be positive: It's all about how you look at things in your life. Your perception determines whether or not it's a day of inner peace or chaos. Sometimes we bring on the very problems we find hard to get out of our lives. What is your goal when you interact with people? Use your interpersonal skills to uplift everyone who you come in contact with. Be positive, encouraging and inspiring. Feel the positive energy around you and be open-minded, because the people who love you send you positive energy all the time, you just have to take the time and notice it. Feel free to use Mind Tools Quiz on Are You a Positive or Negative Thinker? It can help give you insight as to how you think and why.
Use the suggestions above to start your way to inner peace and achieving passion and joy. Remember, by staying in the present, you allow peace to surround you, not only during good times when things go as planned, but also when your world seems to be turning upside down. On those days your inner peace will be very useful to help you make good decisions and to get things done. So be smart, stay calm and be careful with your inner peace. Good luck to you and let me know how things are going with you.
More from living