I must admit, I've been excited to tell you about this little gem for months.
At the Wiley Authors party at SXSW this year, I met Evan Jacobs, the founder of To The Reader. This site is incredibly powerful because it gives you the ability to list your book and to sign it (even with a nice handwriting font) for anybody who asks. There might be a small delivery fee to people who request this. Amazon charges for it sometimes, so there's nothing you, me, or Evan can do about it, but it's a very small fee, I'm told, though nobody's telling exactly how much.I just listed and confirmed my book this evening in less than 10 minutes. :)
- Go to authorgraph.com
- Log in with your Twitter account or with an email address. I used my Twitter account because it's easier.
- Enter your basic information
- Enter your book's "Amazon ASIN" for your book. Don't know what that is? I didn't either. It's your book's ISBN number. You can also find it at the end of your book's URL on Amazon. It's a 10 digit number.
- Choose which font floats your boat better: typeface or handwriting?
- Click on your confirmation email
- Ask an author friend for a signature so you can see how the process works for people who want you to personalize your book for them.
Enjoy!! Please share this with your author friends. Whether they're Indie publishers or big time published authors, all are welcome to use To The Reader.
Oh, and did I mention that it's free? :)
Brand Strategist & author of Online Reputation Management For Dummies at Social Media Design