Here's what I think is wrong with our country. Ready for it?
1. We pay athletes, actors and singers MILLIONS of dollars to do something they'd probably do for free anyway. Yes, their jobs take a certain amount of skills, but how many NBA or NFL players have Master's Degrees and student loan debt? Uh, ZERO? TEACHERS and POLICE/FIRE PERSONNEL should be paid that kind of money. They are shaping our future and protecting us. What's LeBron James doing? Buying marble staircases and being an ass. Right? What's Mariah Carey doing with all her money? Buying diamond pacifiers for 'Dem Babies. (I'm guessing she doesn't have a Master's Degree either.) That makes perfect sense.....
2. Make hospitals and doctors like cable companies and phone companies. One can't charge more than another. Why? Because they're all providing the same service. Why should one Doctor charge $250 for an office visit when another can charge $50. Obamacare should concentrate on regulating COSTS of hospital and doctor visits. Not that everybody needs insurance. Right? Kinda makes sense.....
3. Stop harping about gun control. If you take away people's guns and make guns illegal, people will still get them. Meth is illegal...yet people get it or make it. Crack - illegal yet still out there. If you take away someone's gun and they're a psychopath hell bent on killing, they're just going to buy an illegal weapon or make a bomb using directions from the internet. It's sad, but it's true. Going back to number 2, if there was more affordable health care, maybe these individuals could get help and curb their urge to be evil.
4. There are evil people in this world. Being Autistic doesn't make you evil. Being BiPolar doesn't make you evil. Being poor, being rich, being black white or asian, being smart..... you get the point. Evil is just there. If we knew what caused it, we'd be in a much better place. Right? Maybe if we stopped being scared of turning someone in who we think is a threat, we'd have less violence. Maybe.
5. I'm not the world's smartest person, but I don't think it's too much to ask for people to take care of their families first, then worry about others. If you see someone in your neighborhood who doesn't belong there, call the police. That's their job. If you see a guy in a mall with a concealed weapon, get help. Don't just turn away and pretend you didn't see anything. If you see someone fall down, help them up. BE KIND.
I don't mean to sound all preachy, but there is just too much to be upset about in the world. I can't turn on the news or read a paper because it makes me cry. America has it's priorities so out of whack that it's going to take a whack on the freakin' head to get things right again. I wish I knew how to make this happen, but I don't. I'm one person. Maybe, just maybe, if more people thought this way and made some noise to the people who make the rules, we could change.
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer - If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change" - Man In The Mirror
Thanks for listening.
More from living