Spring is here! If you're seeing sunshine, you might also be feeling a touch of spring wanderlust. And if you're dealing with (sigh) still more snow, you've almost definitely got a dream vacation or six in the back of your head. Follow the lead of these blogs for some inspired travel ideas.
This delightful blog, written by Mod Betty (aka Beth Lennon), is a thorough document of American road trips that feel more like time travel, with tips for vintage lodgings (retro motels and campers), restaurants and diners, amusements (bowling, swing dancing), and shopping. And yes, she maintains a real roadmap of all her family's vintage adventures. (If you love this, consider supporting her Kickstarter project!)
- Follow Retro Roadmap on BlogHer
- Follow Retro Roadmap on Twitter
- Follow Retro Roadmap on Pinterest
- Follow Retro Roadmap on Instagram
THE ABSOLUTE TRAVEL ADDICT
In 2010, April decided it was time to travel the world. Her blog documents where she's been so far, and encourages other people to do the same. (If you need even more inspiration, check out her ebook, How to Travel the World Without Quitting Your Job.)
- Follow The Absolute Travel Addict on Facebook
- Follow April on YouTube
- Follow April on Google+
- Follow The Absolute Travel Addict on Twitter
Paris in Four Hours, Palachinka
One of the best ways to experience other cultures is through their food, and Marija Petrović's blog does this superbly. Maria lives in Belgrade, and blogs regional food and food history, from Australian to Turkish. She's also a frequent traveler with excellent photography and travel tips; check out her guide to Paris in Four Hours.
- Follow Palachinka on BlogHer
- Follow Marija on Twitter
- Follow Palachinka on Facebook
- Follow Palachinka on Google+
- Follow Marija on Pinterest
- Follow Palachinka on Instagram
POSTCARDS FROM RACHEL
Rachel began her blog as an expat military spouse living in Aberdeen, Scotland. She's back in the States now, but still travels frequently—look at her list of adventures to see everywhere she's traveled: four continents and counting. The best part of her travel posts is the extraordinary photography; check out her travel photography tips post for inspiration.
- Follow Postcards from Rachel on BlogHer
- Follow Postcards from Rachel on Pinterest
- Follow Postcards from Rachel on Instagram
WAYS OF WANDERERS
Jessica Dawdy's blog started when she and her boyfriend decided, in 2011, to quit their jobs and buy one-way tickets to Paris. They hadn't traveled much before, and decided to figure it out as they went. Three years later, Jess has compiled a treasure trove of country and city guides, useful tips, how she affords to travel, and the travel philosophy she's developed in her years of wandering.
- Follow Ways of Wanderers on BlogHer
- Follow Jessica on Google+
- Follow Ways of Wanderers on Facebook
- Follow Jessica on Twitter
Holly Burns' blog is about her life in San Francisco, gorgeous crafting, her growing family, stuff she loves, and being hilarious … oh, yeah, and travel. She was born in England and grew up … well, everywhere, so she's a seasoned traveler. Check out her travel guides (which include great reader submissions) and her blog's travel section.
- Follow Nothing But Bonfires on BlogHer
- Follow Holly Burns on Pinterest
- Follow Nothing But Bonfires on Facebook
Elizabeth's blog is the fodder for Roman holiday daydreams … and for your actual travel planning. Her gorgeous photos and blog about her expat life in Rome, its restaurants and recipes are pure eye candy, but Elizabeth also provides custom itineraries and food tours once you're in Italy.
More from living