After all, money isn’t everything.
Many organizations wouldn’t exist and couldn’t provide the incredible impact that they do without the contribution of time, talent, energy and resources of their members and their community.
Fundraising is no different. Whether it’s volunteering to help organize a community Fun Run, selling books at a Book Fair, baking cookies for a Bake Sale, collecting auction items for a gala event, or maintaining the organization’s donor database, the gift of your time is invaluable.
Ways to donate your time might include:
- assisting in the creation and planning of a fundraising event
- creating advertising and promotional materials
- spreading the word about the event throughout your community
- preparing mailings about your organization and their efforts
- networking to find others to support your organization, either financially, through partnership or with the donation of their time
- gathering supplies for a fundraising event
- decorating, cooking, packaging, sorting or otherwise preparing for an event
- manning a sales or information table
- managing databases, mail and email lists, graphic files of event photos, and social media sites
Sometimes, the donation of your time can even be done from the comfort of your own home while you work in your pajamas. There are so many tasks that are critical to an organization’s success that can be done on your own time with only a computer.
Just remember… Whatever time you can give to your favorite organization, it helps!
It truly is the greatest gift you can give.
For more fundraising tips, tools and resources, visit us at www.thebigchangeproject.com.
More from living