- According to Las Vegas, the Super Bowl spread is currently at 7 points for the Steelers over Cardinals.
- In 1944 due to World War II, the Cardinals (then based in Chicago) combined with the Pittsburgh Steelers to play as ONE TEAM. That team was called Card-Pitt.
- The 2008 Super Bowl between the New York Giants and New England Patriots drew 97.5 million viewers, making it the second biggest event in U.S. television history, topped only by the 1983 series finale of M.A.S.H., which drew 106 million viewers.
- Thanks to that previous fact, this year, a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl will cost approximately 3 MILLION dollars.
- Budweiser has been the exclusive Super Bowl beer advertiser for the past 14 years. Think of the money they've spent!
- Raymond James Stadium (where the game will be played this year) is often referred to as the "crown jewel" of the NFL by league insiders. It is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the University of South Florida Bulls.
- More than just a stadium, the Bucs constructed a 3 million dollar pirate ship extravaganza called Buccaneer Cove in the north end zone of the stadium. It features a two-story fishing village facade and it is an authentic replica of an early 1800s pirate ship that fires cannons when the Buccaneers score a field goal or touchdown.
- When the field isn't in use, the stadium sound system pipes the sound of a crow cawing to keep pigeons from roosting in the rafters.
- By the way, if anybody asks who Raymond James is, you can tell them it's .... Click here to read the rest of this blog on www.JenniferSuarez.com
More from living