As we head into 2012, a lot of women including myself vow to do more to take care of ourselves. But beauty can be an expensive proposition. Here are a few tips to make at least your beauty regimen a bit more affordable.
1. Samples. Target and Walmart both offer online sample pages. I recently received a make-up bag from Target stuffed with beauty samples. Check both frequently as the samples change.
2. VIP clubs. Brands such as Sephora and Olay offer clubs that you can join. After joining, you'll receive emails alerting you to free samples and/or giveaways. Sephora also offers a free gift every year for your birthday!
3. Facebook. "Like" your favorite brands. I recently received a full size tube of L'Oreal's latest mascara. Giveaways and samples are frequent so make sure you check their pages on a regular basis.
4. Magazines. Check out the websites for magazines such as Allure, Lucky, Shape, and Self. In the case of Allure, they often run giveaways on a daily basis for full size beauty products.
5. Department stores. Hit the makeup counters! Not only can you try the product right then and there, the sales associate will usually provide a sample for you to take home and try. What looks great in the makeup mirror at the counter might not look so hot under the fluorescent lights at the office so before spending a small fortune on expensive products, try them in the real world!
These are a few of my tricks. Here's to a more beautiful 2012!! (You're already beautiful!!)
More from living