Everything I Need to Know About Life...
I Learned from My Travels
Well, maybe not all I need to know, but certainly a lot!
Travel and life, for me they’re inseparable, one and the same. After all, the ultimate voyage is, of course, the one we make through life.
We chart a course, we go on our way...there are diversions and delays. We encounter the unexpected. We are challenged, we are disappointed, we are delighted. We can plan but we can’t see around every twist or turn...and we learn to either embrace or to fear the unknown.
Along the way, we collect memories, stories, and lessons.
Here are some of mine (and I hope you will share some of yours):
- There really are no borders except those that we create.
- There’s more that connects us than separates us.
- Don’t believe everything you read or hear about a place or a people.
- Pack light but don’t forget an open mind, a sense of humor and bandaids.
- Seeing a photo in no way compares to seeing the real thing.
- Do unto others is a good way to go.
- If you want things to be like they are at home, stay home.
- If you really want to get to know someone (including yourself), travel with them.
- If you’re always comfortable, you aren’t growing.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed and friends can be found everywhere.
- I can fit everything I need into a roll-a-board (and so can you).
- A smile and please or thank you will take you everywhere.
- Don’t let anyone or anything steal your dream.
- A good guest is always welcomed back.
- There is no cure for wanderlust...but why would you want one?
Please, Send Me a Postcard!
What have your travels taught you about life?
More from living