1. You'll never hear me say that I have too many books. Unless I'm moving. Then I'm constantly bitching about having too many damn books.
2. You'll never hear an English Major say they don't need a calculator? Huh. I usually don't need one. I guess it's that background in engineering. People do look at me weird when I say I have an MA in English. I don't look like the type.
3. Yep...you'll never hear me say that I hate coffee. I love it, want it, need it.
4. English Majors don't like Nicholas Sparks? Hmm. I understand why some people might not like him, but those are the same people who haven't read Message in a Bottle. I will agree that his books follow (almost) the same plot lines:
- Start with two white people
- Include an obstacle that makes love between them seem impossible
- They fall in love anyway
- Throw in a completely-out-of-left-field, exploitative, awful disaster (or a stalker) that only serves to make you cry and turn an otherwise unforgettable romance into a tragedy.
I still say Message in a Bottle is the best. Seriously...eternal love? Awesome!
5. I've only said that the movie was better than the book ONCE and I can't remember what it was. Sorry.
6. I'm always ignoring Microsoft Word, especially when it comes to "fragmented sentences." We talk in fragments and you should write like you talk.
More from living