Breadline Africa's Blogger Bakeoff: Bake Bread, Give Dough
Are you a bread baking blogger who wants to make the world a better place? Sign on up for Breadline Africa's Blogger Bakeoff, a year-long campaign (October 15, 2008-October 15, 2009) to raise 1 million dollars for Breadline Africa's projects by, "baking bread and giving dough."
Here's how it works.
2. Add a Breadline Blogger Bakeoff fundraising widget to your blog.
4. Upload your bread recipe with a photo or video.
5. Vote for your favorite recipes in each of the three categories:
- Most Nutritious
- Most Unusual
- Best Traditional
The winner in each category will receive a $250 Amazon voucher.
6. Tag/invite five other bloggers to join the campaign.
7. Invite your friends and readers to donate to Breadline Africa. The participant who refers the most donations will receive a $500 Amazon voucher, and have their name on a Breadline Africa kitchen built from a converted shipping container. You can see a container that was converted into a classroom by clicking here.
Below are links to some of the bloggers who have participated, and their recipes:
- Laws of the Kitchen baked Guatemalan Hot Chocolate Bread.
- Experiments, Emotions, Experiences with Food baked Spicy Sweet Potato Rolls.
- Sinful Indulgence baked Almond and Raisin Bread Rolls.
- More Than Burnt Toast baked No Knead Cheddar Batter Bread
- Interactive Marketing Trends baked Pecan, Raisin and Honey Bread.
- Eish!! baked Beer Pot Bread.
- The Heavy Chef Project baked Beer Loaf (on their Weber BBQ!)
- Canela's Kitchen baked Sweet Bread (pan dulce o pan de huevo)
- Health Nut baked Sweet and Savory Pasties
- Heart and Hearth baked Moist Pumpkin Quick Bread
- Heaven in Belgium baked what looks like Whole Wheat Walnut Bread (lots of photos!)
- Food Blogga baked Holiday Orange, Date and Pecan Bread.
- Antics of a Cycling Cook baked Super Nutritious Walnut and Seed Bread.
- eCurry baked Tomato, Herb, Jalapeño and Cheese Bread.
- Rosie Bakes a "Peace" of Cake baked Brioche à Tête & Little Brioche Rolls with a Chocolate Centre
- Anyone Can Cook baked Cornmeal and Herb Bread.
- And many more!
More from living