Boost Your SEO
Paying attention to search engine optimization (SEO) basics are the foundation to earning good search engine results. You can spend a lot for SEO, but these basics are often all you need to be ahead of the competition.
- Don’t duplicate content. If your web pages have similar content you are actually competing with yourself for SEO. Make sure every page at your site has unique content.
- Make sure all links work. Broken links downgrade your SEO.
- Make sure all images have alt tags. Alt tags describe your images to search engines to make sure they’re indexed properly in image search, bringing some extra traffic to your site.
- Use unique title tags. Title tags tell search engines and visitors what any given page on your site is about. Make sure each page has a unique tag that is the proper length.
- Include meta descriptions. The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description appears under your page’s URL in the search results.
- Mind your coding. Search engines don’t like pages with lots of coding and little content. Use CSS for styling and formatting, resize images, avoid scripting, and make sure your page has a good amount of visible content.
- Link strategically. Cramming a page with links is a SEO no-no. Do include relevant, high-quality links. Drop the rest.
More from living