Ever wonder what's hot, really hot, with the BlogHer community? We can help: Introducing the BlogHer Community's Most Loved Posts of 2009. From Jimmy Carter to Cake Wrecks, your reading habits represent the diversity of interest that makes up our community. We'd love to know what you think of this list -- your faves? anything we missed? -- as we take a minute to reflect on BlogHer's biggest stories of 2009.Top Five Jimmy Carter and the Southern Baptists
Contributing Editor Mata's commentary on Jimmy Carter’s severing all ties to the Southern Baptist church to protest its treatment of women gave context to a move many saw as shocking. She wrote:
I am so glad he wrote it, but sad that it feels so surprising. And sad that there are not more echoes. And sad that it took so long. And sad that we feel we have to say thank you, because so few religious male leaders have taken this position. And sad that all of our GLBT brothers and sisters can't enjoy the same mention.
Marriott Makes a Mistake With a Woman's Rape
Contributing Editor Nordette expressed shock and outrage after hearing about Marriott accusing a woman raped in front of her toddler in their parking garage for not using her senses and facilities properly, writing:
What I'm saying is that the Marriott has slapped all women in the face with its reprehensible rhetoric in hopes of saving itself from paying damages. Did its attorneys think this story would not reach us?
Source: Cake Wrecks
What interested you by topic? Read on.BlogHer Conferences
- BlogHer Conference Programming Manager Jes Ferris told you about the BlogHer '09 parties heard 'round the world.
- Julie Ross Godar compiled the community keynote posts that made you laugh, cry and melt into a pile of goo.
- BlogHer Co-founder Elisa Camahort Page broke the news about BlogHer Food '09, our sold-out celebration of food blogging.
- Contributing Editor Elana Centor questioned those pesky 401(k) fees.
- Contributing Editor Liz Gumbinner shed some light on on the blogger PR blackout of July 2009.
- Elana Centor commented on the Demaree family vs. Walmart and whether or not those children should've been taken away from their family because their family photos were declared kiddie porn.
- Contributing Editor Debontherocks wondered how good it felt to be The Good Wife.
- Megan Smith found us all the parodies of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" video.
- Megan Smith is back with not sex scenes but seven great movie love scenes.
- Contributing Editor Susan Wagner showed us Mark Fast's plus-sized models during Fashion Week.
- Susan Wagner showed us how to use iPhone app Yowza! to change the way you shop.
- BlogHer Ads Producer Jen Scharpen (and purveyor of many hairstyles) told us what to do when you're not happy with your haircut.
- Contributing Editor Suzanne Reisman found out the world thought her hair length said something about her sexuality when she cut it short.
- Elana Centor told us what can happen when you're pregnant and lose your job.
- Contributing Editor Zandria uncovered the disturbing new trend of upskirting.
- Contributing Editor Kalyn Denny gave us BlogHer's top ten favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
- Contributing Editor Alanna Kellogg showed us gorgeous Easter eggs.
- Kalyn Denny saved dinner by detailing how to make fried rice at home.
- Catherine Morgan asked if Valerie Bertinelli's weight loss was inspiring or controversial.
- BlogHer Political Director Erin Kotecki Vest shared her very personal story of living with a chronic illness.
- Contributing Editor Shannon Des Roches Rosa revealed why she vaccinates even though she has an autistic child.
- BlogHer Community Manager Denise Tanton revealed her sister had won millions of dollars in the lottery.
- Contributing Editor Zoe wrote about the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters.
- Zandria surprised us with her essay on turning 30.
- Contributing Editor Laurie White remembered when the blogging community came together in support for the families of Maddie Spohr and Thalon when their children passed away.
- BlogHer Assignment and Syndication Editor Rita Arens asked where the boundaries are for parental nudity in the home.
- Contributing Editor Renee admitted that she wants another child, but her husband doesn't.
- Erin Kotecki Vest riled up the community with her post about a a young girl gang-raped at school while a crowd looked on.
- Contributing Editor Karen asked why no Amber Alert was issued when eight-year-old Victoria Stafford was spotted walking away from school with an unidentified woman and never came back.
- Nordette asked hard questions about the death of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, specifically about race and media coverage.
- Contributing Editor Dana Loesch asked liberals to take a hard look at their criticism of conservatives.
- Contributing Editor American Princess asked us to think about Puritans, politics and boobs.
- Dana Loesch asked why, in a recession, was President Obama's inauguration the most expensive one in America's history?
- Contributing Editor Liz Rizzo wrote about women who don't want to have sex.
- Contributing Editor Susan Mernit asked if your partner knows you masturbate.
- Nordette told us about her experience living with her ex during her divorce to make ends meet.
We're looking forward to 2010 and providing more thought-provoking and entertaining writing to start the community talking. If you don't already have one, create a BlogHer profile to join the conversation!
More from living