BlogHer '11: I Think the Real Me Met the Real You
- Ashleigh Burroughs showed me a scar from one of her three bullet wounds.
- Kathryn Finney told a room full of bloggers to learn how to shake our tail feathers and tell the world when we succeed.
- Ree Drummond put a whole room at giggling ease by asking their permission to adjust her Spanx. Then she did.
- Jose Antonio Vargas pledged to picket the front lawn of anyone who threatens Pat Hyland, the educator who became his second mother after he learned he was an undocumented immigrant.
- Kelly Wickham and Heather Barmore told Tanya Van Court about the Heathers.
- Elianne Ramos represented for Cuban activist Yoani Sanchez when Yoani wasn't allowed to travel for her BlogHer scholarship.
- PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi told Willow Bay that -- given the power and influence of the women at BlogHer '11 -- Nooyi was surprised more CEOs weren't there too
- Elisa and Eden Kennedy broke my tear ducts with the HTCVoices of the Year, which this year included one of the women I follow as my own personal writing Jesus, Lori O'Hara of In Pursuit of It All.
- Fatimeh Fakhraie blew stereotypes of Muslim women by talking about vaginas on stage.
- Ricki Lake, one of the most stereotyped celebrities in the world urged women to be less judgmental of each other.
Lisa Stone, BlogHer Co-founder
BlogHer is non-partisan but our bloggers aren't! Follow our coverage of Politics & News.
More from living