Home care is meant to allow a dependent and/or elderly person to live at home while maintaining his / her benchmarks and memories of his or her life.
Maintaining elderly people at home, such as keeping people with disabilities at home or hospitalization at home, allows a dependent and/or elderly person to continue to live at home serenely.
Home Support For The Elderly: For What Purpose?
With age, many elderly people have difficulty in performing the gestures of everyday life and are in a situation of dependence. They have difficulties or inability to:
- Perform the tasks of everyday life (washing, eating);
- Performing basic actions (getting up, moving);
- Communicate (speak, hear).
Home care allows our seniors to continue living as before while remaining free at home without changing their habits.
Their homes take on a very important role in their hearts and in their daily lives, which is why means have been put in place to keep our elders at home.
Several means are put in place for the maintenance of elderly people at home:
Qualified professionals accompany the elderly in the primordial acts of life to help them remain independent as long as possible in their homes.
- The housekeeper carries out the maintenance and hygiene work of the place of stay.
- Home help accompanies the elderly person in the household and administrative tasks and creates a strong relationship with the person to break his or her isolation.
- The sick guard at home provides special supervision after discharge from a hospital or acute illness.
- Seniors can equip their home with home support equipment to keep their autonomy as long as possible. Depending on the situation, the elderly person may need a door bath, a stairlift, an electric scooter, etc.
- In a case of serious illness or after hospitalization, it is also possible to use hospitalization equipment at home.
The Technological Means
Thanks to new technologies, a Tele-assistance device allows an elderly person to:
- In case of a problem (fall, malaise) or
- To locate the person if the person is outside his or her home.
Aid For Home Support For The Elderly
- Older people can benefit from different aids:
- The home-care provision is covered by the old-age insurance fund;
- The home-support tax credit can be used:
- To facilitate the accommodation of the elderly person or the replacement of equipment,
- The employment of an employee at home;
Maintaining Elderly Home: What Are The Prices?
The prices vary according to whether it is humans or technological means.
Human resources: domestic help, home help, and the caregiver :
- The prices vary according to the regions and the schedules made (day or night, weekend, public holidays).
- Allow about $15 / hour in normal hours (working hours at SMIC + 5.50% payroll taxes).
Technological means: home support equipment and home hospital equipment. The price varies considerably from one provider to another and depending on the type of equipment:
- For rent :
- Between 16 and $20 per month for a wheelchair,
- $2 per month for a walker.
- When buying: prices range from $ 20 for a cane to $ 900 to $ 6,000 for a wheelchair.
The Tele-assistance equipment is generally rented and its price varies according to the provider and the chosen module:
- Home Tele-assistance : around $30 / month;
- Mobile Helpline: between 50 and $70 / month;
- Medical assistance: between 30 and $40 / month.
The commissioning fee must be added between 20 and $60. The devices of geolocation (tracer, beacon) between $200 and 350.
Human and technological resources can be accumulated.
Rates can quickly become very high; all depends on the loss of autonomy of the elderly.
More from living