Beetroot Vada is a deep fried, mild sweetish South Indian fritter
- Beetroot finely grated - 2 cup
- Chana dal - 1 cup
- Toor dal - ¼ cup
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 1 or 2
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- **Indian spices: Glossary of Cooking
- Wash and soak the dhal for 1 hr.
- Drain water completely.
- Grind in a blender with fennel seeds, salt and green chilly.
- Grate beetroot in a grater to very fine pieces.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Make it into a small patty.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Drop the patty in hot oil and deep fry to reddish brown.
- Serve it hot.
More from living