The Christmas season is heading into full speed. Which means one thing (well, ok - several things - but we're going to focus on one here): holiday baking time!
The thing is... I'm just not feeling it.
What am I feeling then? Well... When I consider the things I usually make, I just feel bored. When I consider having to look up new recipes - I feel exhausted. Honestly, when I think of hours in the kitchen baking all those cookies - I feel even more exhausted.
So, what's an Oma to do?
- I could do nothing. But I have a feeling that when Christmas eve rolls around with no peanut butter kisses or frosted sugar cookies there might be a full blown rebellion from the other family members
- I could befriend some super-mom type who probably already has her baking all planned out and gives tins full of home baked goodies as gifts and mooch off her. But I probably should have put that plan into motion a few months in advance.
- I could buy baked goodies. But let's just be real here - I'm never going to be able to fool anyone into thinking I actually baked any of it.
- I could cheat. There is a wide variety of premade cookie doughs and mixes out there. And at the moment I'm feeling this might be the most viable option.
- I could just suck it up, put on a big ol' Paula Dean smile and bake the darn cookies. Accepting the love and admiration of my family, and packing on a few pounds in the process.
What is your approach to holiday baking? Please share your favorite Christmas goodie recipe in the comments! You know... in case I decide to go with that last option.
More from living