I've never met a blogger who wasn't interested in either winning friends or influencing people -- and most really want to do both, so we designed BlogHer.com profile to help you do both.
Image Credit: Dominique Vinciguerra
Anyone who is a member of BlogHer.com can promote herself and her presence in social media and apply to join our Influencer Network. All you have to do is make sure you've filled out your profile completely. It's just that easy.Create and Fill Out Your Profile
The first thing you need to do is log in -- or create a new account if you've never created one before) -- and then click "Profile" in the top right corner of the page. Next, click Settings and upload a photo for your profile.Tell Us About Yourself
Click "Edit My Profile" and enter a bio. The first 150 characters of your bio will appear at the top of your public profile, and in the mini bio that appears next to any posts you write on BlogHer.com. The rest of your bio will appear when people click the "Read full bio" link on your profile. Here's where to share a lot of really interesting information -- make it easy for us to get to know you!
Be sure to add links to all of your blogs, social networking accounts, or websites. Your primary blog should be the first link you enter, because that's the one that will also appear on your mini-profile within any posts you create on BlogHer.com. Don't forget to add the RSS url for your accounts, so the links to your recent posts will appear on your profile.Find Opportunities
Once you've filled out your profile, it's time to move to the My Opportunities page in your dashboard. This is where you tell us even more about yourself and your social media presence in order to join the Social Media Influencer program. You'll see that some information from your profile has already been added to this form -- but we do need more information if you're interested in these programs. Don't worry, we'll keep everything private unless you tell us that it's OK to share it on your profile. (In an upcoming release, we'll be tweaking the public profile a little to display more information about your social media influence, if you tell us that it's OK to do so.)
The My Opportunities section of your Dashboard also provides you with information about other influencer opportunities that might interest you: the BlogHer Publishing Network, the BlogHerTV Influencer program, writing for BlogHer, and the BlogHer Book Club.More Changes to Your BlogHer.com Profile
- You'll see My BlogHer Activity, where you can quickly access all of the content you've created on BlogHer -- things like posts, discussion posts, comments and Chatters).
- In My Community, you'll find links to see your Followers and those who are Following you, on BlogHer and Recent Activity section that allows you to see what people you follow have been doing on BlogHer. You'll also find links to all of the Groups you've joined, a tracking tool that allows you to see which content you've contributed to has been updated recently, the accounts you've linked up to make logging into BlogHer faster, and the Twitter account you've connected to BlogHer Chatter.
- If you're part of the BlogHer Publishing Network, you'll have access to your reports in the My Payment Info section, and you can access and edit your account information from the BlogHer Publishing Network tab. Some of you might also see My Campaigns, a beta tool that will allow you access to your campaigns.
- Click My Contact Settings if you've like email notifications of comments for content you create or comment on while on BlogHer.com.
- My Settings gives you access to your user name (if you want to change it), your email address, your password, and your rich text editor settings. Your profile photo upload feature is in My Settings -- and you can add a signature block that automatically appears on any blog or discussion posts you write on BlogHer.com.
Go explore My Dashboard, and make sure you take advantage of all of the tools available to you. We've made a lot of changes, and more will be coming in the near future. We'd love to hear what you think about what we've launched so far, and your suggestions about what we should launch.
More from living