Don’t you hate when things don’t turn out as expected?
- The dress you bought online is way too small.
- The pricey restaurant you ate at served mediocre food.
- Your airplane was delayed two hours.
- The webinar that you attended didn’t deliver on what was promised.
Umm….What??!! Yeah, you read that right…
Last month, I attended a webinar hosted by an educational organization.
I had my notepad and pen ready to take notes because I love learning new things. (I’m a nerd – I can’t help it.)
After all of the introductions, the presenter jumped into the content and read every single word that appeared on the screen. Now, these weren’t a few bullet points, but massive paragraphs of information covering the entire screen.
It was an all out information-dump. Couldn’t they have just sent me a handout to read?
Webinars are superbly effective:
They have the power to grow your list, provide great information, connect with your community, and promote your products.
They are an effective tool to use in your business.
But, they are only as effective as their delivery.
Your message relies on YOU to get it into the minds of your audience. (Oooh! Click to tweet. Thanks.)
So, here we go…
1. A Topic That Matters: Select a topic that others want to hear about AND that you're passionate about.
2. Stop Talking: Help participants pay attention by making your webinar engaging.
3. Testing, Testing, 1 -2-3: Fully test your technology before you actually hop on a live webinar.
4. Make it Stick: Use amazing visuals and compelling stories to deliver your content.
5. Practice Speaking: No one wants to hear ums and ahs throughout your presentation. Make sure you pracitce to deliver a solid message.
6. Use Powerful Slides: Use slides that are going to compell audience members to think and take action.
For the complete run-down on hosting webinars (so you run a rockin' webinar), check out the full post at 6 Insanely Useful Tips for Running a Webinar
More from living